One of the most common symptoms of autoimmune disease is chronic pain. I have extensive experience with this topic, because I have worked with hundreds of students who suffer with chronic disease and the horrible pain associated with it. These tips will help you learn to address and manage chronic pain.
When students first find me, they are often suffering with:
Headaches and/or migraines, joint pain, muscle aches and pains, back pain, sciatic pain, pain in stomach or intestines, or neuropathy.
All these symptoms that cause great pain stem from inflammation in the body. The first step is to understand the source of the pain. What is causing the pain? Is it caused by an injury (an accident or sports injury)? Or is it caused by some type of health condition?
This is very important to consider. In the case of an injury, the accident or injury would have caused tissue damage and inflammation. In that case, we want to support and promote healing.
Rest, physiotherapy, certain stretches and exercises and using heat to increase circulation are good to try. You can also look into taking natural anti-inflammatory herbs such as ginger, turmeric and others. These are helpful, but sometimes not quite enough for a full recovery.
But for those suffering with a health condition, chronic disease, or chronic inflammation, those treatments can be quite costly. They also often only provide short-term relief. The best way to treat chronic pain is to manage the symptoms of pain while focusing on treating the main cause, which is chronic infections in the body.
Infection: The Cause of Inflammation in Chronic Diseases
Progressive healthcare professionals and researchers understand that infections are the cause of inflammation present in chronic diseases. As infections are treated, inflammation subsides and thus pain decreases. Parasites, fungus and bacteria are the causes of the main types of infections that lead to chronic disease.
In the Live Disease Free Academy, we follow these five steps to treat chronic pain naturally:
1. The Live Disease Free eating plan. Because we greatly reduce the food to the infections that are causing pain, many students have reported a significant reduction in pain with this eating plan.
2. Support the body. We achieve this by addressing issues like sleep, constipation, nutritional deficiencies, circulation, exercise, environmental stressors and lifestyle changes.
3. Treat the infections that cause inflammation and pain. Different micro-organisms like to live in different parts of the body, and cause inflammation in those areas. They live in our joints, eyes, spinal fluid and brain, liver, gallbladder, bone marrow, and especially in the gut.
4. Build back the body’s natural defences. Rebuild the microbes in our digestive tract that protect us from disease-causing microbes.
5. Prevention: treat parasites and fungus at least once a year.
To learn more about treating chronic pain naturally, please watch my video below:
Clinically diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at the age of 28, Pam chose an alternative approach to recovery. Now decades later and still symptom free, she coaches others on how to treat the root cause of chronic disease, using a holistic approach. She can teach you how, too.
Pam is the author of Become a Wellness Champion and founder of Live Disease Free. She is a wellness expert, coach and speaker.
The Live Disease Free Academy has helped hundreds of Wellness Champions in over 15 countries take charge of their health and experience profound improvements in their life.